Vacancies (Open until Filled)
Please see our postings at http://www.tieonline.com. We are just begininng our search for the 2015-2016 school year. Please come back to see our postings in January.
Since its establishment in 1995, the Thai-Chinese (American) International School (TCIS) in Bangkok has maintained a tradition of delivering a high quality American Curriculum taught in English. TCIS is one of the top ten international schools in Bangkok that have an American English curriculum. TCIS is the only school in Bangkok where Age 2 through Grade 12 are taught 100% of the time in American-English; yet still take daily language lessons in Thai and Chinese. TCIS participates in BISAC which is the top athletic league in Bangkok. BISCA is limited to only ten international schools. TCIS also has high level Visual and Performing Arts programs. Please take a moment and read our Director’s Welcome at our website that more thoroughly explains our school and its mission.
Annually, TCIS has between 15 and 25 Teacher positions open for USA and Canadian Teachers at the PK through Grade 12 levels. If you do not have citizenship and a teaching license in one of these two countries, please do not apply. For these annual openings we will have over 300 applications. It is impossible to open multiple files from this number of candidates and really study each individual Teacher’s credentials. So please follow our instructions below about how to submit your application.
To be an eligible candidate, you must first submit one single PDF document to our offices before completing our more extensive electronic application. It must include:
- A one page BIO that includes a current professional digital photo, current residential address and phone/cell phone, overseas (home country) address and phone/cell phone, SKYPE name, and email address. Your Bio and resume must have a USA/Canadian Resident address stated even if you are currently living and/or working outside of the these two countries.
- A professional resume / CV of no more than 2 pages with a local address as well as an overseas address (if you are currently teaching overseas). See #1 for clarification.
- A scanned copy of your USA/Canadian Teaching License for Lower School, Middle School or Upper School (or the date at which you will have your actual teaching license). An ESL license without one of the aforementioned is not acceptable.
- Three names/emails/SKYPE names/cells of administrative references (one from each of the last three jobs)
- Up to three scanned current school administrative references.
If this PDF file is not received as we request, your application and/or interview will not be considered.
NOTE: If you are applying for a Chinese Language Teaching position, please know that we do accept licensed Teachers (Chinese Language classes only) from Mainland China and Taiwan but only those with high TOFEL scores and great references. Please follow all the steps listed above (1-5) for a Chinese Teaching position. # 1 would be addresses here and overseas. # 3 is a scanned copy of your Chinese/Taiwanese Teaching License.
NOTE: If you are applying for a Thai Language Teaching position, please know that we do accept licensed Teachers from Thailand, the USA and Canada (Thai Language classes only) but only those with high TOFEL scores and great references. Please follow all the steps listed above (1-5) for a Thai teaching position. # 1 would be addresses here and overseas. # 3 is a scanned copy of your Thailand Teaching License.
Once you have been screened and asked to proceed, only then will you move to the interview stage of the process.Thank you for considering TCIS. If you have questions, please contact TCIS.
Dr. Steve Ballowe, Head of School
Thai-Chinese International School