|Vacancy for Faculty Position
Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems FoS
School of Engineering and Technology
Asian Institute of Technology
Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems Field of Study of School of Engineering and Technology is inviting applications for filling up a new position a level of Assistant/Associate Professor level.
The RS&GIS FoS is a advanced program aimed at providing education and training in remote sensing, geographic information systems (GIS) and computer mapping technology to students from the public and private sectors. Courses in the program have been designed to equip students with the fundamentals of geoinformation technologies, which are ultimately geared towards achieving management of environment, natural resources and infrastructure facilities for sustainable development. The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to academic, research and professional activities of the RS&GIS FoS.
The position is for a full-time faculty with the following responsibilities:
- To teach guide and supervise student research at the Masters and Ph.D. level.
- To undertake research and contract project individually or in collaboration with other faculty members.
- To develop and conduct short courses and other training activities
- To contribute to academic administr5ation and the organizing of activities such as seminars, conferences, etc.
- To assist in developing and contributing new academic programs to serve growing need of geoinformation technologies in various sectors
Qualification and Experience:
The applicant must possess the following qualification and experience:
- Master and Ph.D. degree in remote sensing
- Considerable teaching and research experience in remote sensing – optical or microwave, LIDAR or other related fields preferably at a post graduate level at a reputed educational institution. Related professional working experience in the public or private sector would be an added advantage.
- Excellent records of publication in journals, research works, books, conference, etc.
As the working language of the Institute in English, the applicant must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
Apply by sending a letter of interest, CV (detailing full personal particulars), qualifications and experience, with the names and address of three referees no later than 8 November 2015 to: