ES Assistant Principal
Ruamrudee International School seeks a dynamic instructional leader with a proven ability
to motivate and guide a community of learners. The ideal candidate will have a strong
background in literacy and data-driven decision-making. The school hopes to attract a
child-centered candidate with proven experience in the development of a school master
schedule, implementation of an extra-curricular program, and responsibility for student
The assistant principal provides support and assistance to the principal in their role as
instructional leaders of the elementary school. As such, the assistant principal shares in the
responsibility for overseeing the school’s programs and personnel. The assistant principal
works under the leadership of the principal to supervise the elementary faculty, staff, and
students, and is in charge of the day-to-day operations of the school in the absence of the
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists the Elementary School Principal in establishing elementary school policies,
regulations, procedures, and instructional objectives in accordance with RIS policy.
• Develops a master schedule and organizes individual teacher schedules including
supervision and substitutes’ assignments in consultation with the principal.
• Assists in the supervision of personnel by evaluating goals and objectives and lesson
plans, and through formal classroom observation.
• Schedules, supervises and facilitates/coordinates all activities and functions with
the Fine Arts Committee (Music, Theater Arts and Art teachers and HR
• Assists the Elementary School Principal and the Director of Curriculum &
Professional Development to plan, implement, and evaluate various curriculum and
school improvement/professional development initiatives.
• In the absence of the Elementary School Principal, assume responsibility for
operation of the school section.
• Is responsible for maintaining discipline for students on school premises and during
school-sponsored activities, enforcing the rules of the school as outlined in the
• Is responsible for the implementation and enforcement of student attendance
• Supports teachers and staff in maintaining discipline both inside and outside the
• Assist the Elementary School Principal and the Director of Teaching & Learning
Elementary in the articulation of the Elementary School programs.
• Coordinate with the principal on the day-to-day requisition of materials requested
by teachers and staff.