The principal is the instructional leader and administrative head of the elementary school.
As such, the principal has primary responsibility for overseeing the school’s programs and
personnel in keeping with RIS’s mission, objectives, and core values, school board policies,
approved educational programs and administrative rules, regulations, and directives. The
principal supervises the elementary faculty, staff and students. She/he reports to and is
evaluated annually by the Head of School on objectives established jointly with the Head of
● Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and communication skills;
● Strong organizational ability and initiative;
● Relevant administrative credentials;
● M.A./M.Ed./M.Sc. degree or equivalent;
● Experience as an effective elementary principal preferred;
● Experience with effective technology integration;
● Successful teaching experience;
● International experience preferred.