Lanna International School recruits from a variety of sources and actively seeks qualified teachers with international experience, as well as experienced teachers who wish to leave their home countries and begin a career in international education.
We are seeking teachers who can help us to attain the highest educational standards whilst maintaining our friendly and caring atmosphere: something that all of us at Lanna value and cherish. You will join a supportive, energetic and enthusiastic team of teachers who are determined to make high achievement and enjoyment of school life a reality for all of our children.
Chiang Mai is a great place to live, gaining the status of most liveable province in Thailand in a 2007 government survey. Cost of living is low here, whilst quality of life is high. Come and join us!
Minimum requirements to teach at Lanna international School are a B.Ed. or a bachelor degree, or higher, in an area related to the subject taught plus a teaching certificate. We are unable to accept TEFL or CELTA certificates as a teaching credential.
All new teachers receive a comprehensive orientation programme.
The LIST international teacher package includes:
- Bupa Thailand medical insurance coverage.
- Free education for two of your children (“yours” by birth or legally adopted), and half fees thereafter.
- Return flight to country of origin upon contract renewal. Provided every second year, from the end of the second year of service (or a cash bonus alternative).
- Free lunch each day.
- The school assists with relevant immigration, visa and Thai teacher license issues on your behalf, and pays the appropriate fees.
- Regular opportunities for funded Professional Development, both in Thailand and beyond (it is very much encouraged).
- Opportunities to contribute to the development of the school in a meaningful way through membership of committees and frequent consultation on important school issues. This is not a “top down” school; your opinions are considered, valued, and indeed expected.
VACANCIES FOR 2015-16 AND 2016-17
We have no further teaching positions available for the 2015/16 academic year. There has been a particularly small turnover of teaching staff this year and all vacancies for the coming academic year have now been filled. Thank you to the many applicants who have applied for positions. We wish you well in finding an interesting and fulfilling appointment elsewhere. Thank you for your interest and your time.
We are happy to receive applications for 2016/17.
In August 2016 Phase 1 of our new site will open and there will be considerable growth in student numbers throughout the school. Many parents have already enrolled their children for an August 2016 start and we expect further additions. This means that there will be vacancies in both Primary and Secondary.
We invite applications the following vacancies:
Primary School Vacancies
- KS 1 and 2 teachers
- Primary IT specialist
- Primary Art specialist
- English Support (ESL) Teacher
(a full teaching qualification is needed, not only TEFL or CELTA)
Secondary School Vacancies:
More vacancies are likely to arise in the coming months, therefore applications from teachers of other subjects are also invited. It is a good idea to check regularly for updates.
Teachers able to offer a combination of two or even three subjects are particularly welcome.
Please feel free to contact the Head of school, Roy Lewis ([email protected]), for further detail relating to any job vacancies at Lanna. When applying for positions at the school you should forward a copy of your Curriculum Vitae/Resume, a covering letter, names/contact information of two referees and any other relevant documents to Mr Roy Lewis.
We welcome enquiries from any interested applicant for possible future openings.
Head of School ([email protected])