The University Counselor operates a Counseling Center and supports student life by providing individual and group
counseling, outreach, assessment, and emergency mental health services to students at the Webster University Thailand
(at Campuses both in Cha-am and at the Bangkok Academic Center). The Counselor serves as the campus advocate for
survivors of sexual offenses, supervises the University Health Services, and coordinates outreach efforts of the At-Risk
Part-Time Psychology Lecturer
As a part-time lecturer in the Psychology Department, the candidate will:
• Teach up to three (3) courses per year
• Meet academic standards in departmental course offerings
• Provide academic advising/tutorial support
• Be involved in university life
• Attend faculty meetings, graduation ceremony and other university functions
• Meets submission requirements and deadlines for grades, syllabi submission etc. as set by the Office of Academic
• Serve on Committees as required
• Contribute to the research profile of the university
Skills & Qualifications:
• Education: Doctorate (Preferred) or Master’s degree in counseling, psychology or related field from an
• License / Certification: A recognized and valid Professional Counseling License from the country of origin
• Strong English competency in both speaking and writing if not a native English Speaker
• Must be computer literate and accomplished with the Microsoft Windows working environment, Microsoft Office
productivity suite, very comfortable with electronic communication (email and the like), comfortable doing web
based research and capable of engaging others in a computer environment
• Good leadership and supervisory skills
• Solid communication skills, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and an appreciation of diversity
• Must have strong work ethic, care about the personal and emotional well-being of students, and possess a
customer service orientation
• Familiarity with the Thai and American University system strongly desired
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not to be
interpreted as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Human Resource Department, Webster University Thailand Page 1 of 2 2/26/2015
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide psychological and emotional therapy to students via individual, group, couples, and family counseling.
• Provides counseling related to women’s issues. Responsibilities include: crisis intervention; on-call duty;
working with culturally diverse populations (especially racial, sexual orientation, and international); consultation
with faculty, staff and parents; design and delivery of psycho-educational workshops.
• Responds to emergency situations and works in conjunction with other University staff in dealing with student
• Publishes and maintain regular office hours at both the Cha-am Campus and at the Bangkok Academic Center –
travel expenses to/from Bangkok will be provided by the University.
• Maintains professional license and credentials
• Serves as the advocate for survivors of sexual offenses. Provides support, information, and counsel to survivors
and acts as liaison to other campus departments and local agencies. Provides training for peer support personnel
and faculty/staff members.
• Acts as a consultant to administrators regarding student mental health issues and problems.
• Works closely with new student orientation and the At Risk Student Committee to identify high-risk students and
implement outreach efforts and interventions that will contribute to student success.
• Required to carry a cell phone and be available to respond in case of emergencies – access to private number will
have limited distribution and used only during emergencies. May require some evening and weekend hours as
necessary to be accommodated by compensation day.
• Maintains confidential files and progress notes.
• Conducts in-services and skills-building workshops as needed. Provides follow-up interventions related to the
work of the university committee on at-risk students. These responsibilities include planning and implementing
student outreach activities in conjunction with other staff and arranging for students to receive appropriate support
• Drafts policies and procedures for the appropriate operations of the Counseling Center.
• Prioritizes and allocates the resources in accordance with Department and University priorities, approved
budgets, and operating requirements
• Assures IQA compliance in all functional areas
• Assists the Director of Student Affairs with the coordination of new student orientation and related retentionoriented activities.
• Attends scheduled Student Affairs staff meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Affairs.
Salary and Benefits: Excellent pay and benefits package.
We are looking for an individual with a strong job commitment, solid work ethic, enthusiasm, and self-confidence. If
you believe you possess the above skills, experience, and would like to be part of Webster University’s rich multicultural
team, please send your CV with cover letter to: [email protected] or please contact:
Webster University Thailand
Human Resource Department
143 Moo 5, Tambon Sampraya, Cha-am, Phetchaburi 76120, Thailand
Phone:+66-(0)-32-456-162 (up to) 8