|ISY Mission Statement|
The International School Yangon is a community that is committed to excellence. We inspire students with a challenging, international education, based on an American curriculum, in a nuturing learning environment that promotes responsibility and respect. We aim to develop socially engaged, self-motivated, creative, compassionate individuals who will be a force for positive change in their communities and the world.
We believe that:
ISY Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
Embedded in all learning at ISY are the following learning outcomes combined with the IB Learner Profile traits (in parentheses) that all students should know, understand and be able to do upon graduation from ISY.
ISY students will—
Become Global Citizens who . . .
• Are environmentally aware and active (Caring)
• Contribute to the welfare of the world community (Caring)
• Respect the dignity and worth of others (Principled, Open-minded)
• Manifest the virtues of honesty and integrity (Principled)
• Understand and appreciate the values, traditions, and perspectives of others (Open-minded)
Be Successful Communicators who . . .
• Demonstrate the skills of effective collaboration (Communicators)
• Use appropriate technology as a tool to convey ideas (Communicators)
• Write, speak, read and listen with purpose (Communicators)
• Are multi-lingual (Communicators)
Demonstrate Complex Thinking and Creativity by . . .
• Gathering analyzing and processing information from a variety of sources (Thinkers)
• Being effective and creative problem-solvers (Thinkers)
• Being effective decision-makers (Thinkers)
• Pursuing inquiry and curiosity within learning (Inquirers)
• Building a foundation of knowledge and applying understandings to new situations (Knowledgeable)
Become Lifelong Learners who . . .
• Take responsibility for their learning (Reflective)
• Value all types of learning: academic, social, athletic, aesthetic and emotional (Balanced)
• Have the confidence to take on new challenges (Risk-takers)
• Give thoughtful consideration to their own learning (Reflective)
20, Shwe Taungyar Street, Bahan Township, Yangon Myanmar
Ngar Man Aung Paya Street Yangon Yangon Region MM
512793, 512794, 512795512793, 512794, 512795