16 x 50 min classes per week 32,000 baht teaching M6 in central Chiang Mai
I recently accepted a position to go teach at University so I need someone to replace me. The start date is July 1st. The school is looking for a Native speaker but may consider a Non-Native if their accent is clear.
The school is located right in the heart of Chiang Mai making it extremely convenient for getting to and from work. Surrounded by hundreds of restaurants, living in the area offers plenty of choice for places to eat. The students are extremely polite, friendly and willing to work.
Below is an honest summary of the job from my 2 years’ experience working there.
• Yupparaj Wittayalai School.
• 16 x 50 min classes per week.
• 32,000 baht a month (-750 for insurance).
• Full health insurance at a choice of 3 hospitals within the city.
• Salary is paid at the end of every month, 12 months of the year.
• Assistance with obtaining Non-B + Work Permit.
• Mondays & Thursdays finish at 4:30
• Tuesdays & Wednesdays finish at 3:40
• Fridays finish at 11:10
• Once your classes have finished your free to go home.
• No gate duty.
• 80/200 points of the marks already complete, only 120 points left to submit.
• M6 are pretty much done by January. So for the remainder of the year, you can relax and enjoy your downtime.
• Friendly co-working staff environment with no drama.
• 13/16 of my classes are held in the brand new building that was only just recently finished being built.
• All classrooms have projectors.
• The head of our English department is a lady who is honestly the nicest Thai boss I’ve ever had.
• The head coordinator for foreign teachers is also super friendly and easy going.
• Lessons plans need to be submitted at the end of each semester giving you plenty of time to do them.
• No classroom observations, they simply ask the students if they like you.
Experience is preferred but the school is also willing to give an inexperienced person a chance. This is a great position for anyone who has just finished their TEFL. Age cannot be older than 59.
Interested candidates, please send a copy of your CV and recent photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org