Faculty position in Air Pollution Engineering and Management, Environmental Engineering and Management Field of Study, School of Environment, Resources and Development.
AIT is an autonomous, non-profit, international post-graduate institution offering Master’s and Doctorate degrees, certificate and diploma program in engineering, science, planning and management, and serves over 1,400 students from many countries across Asia and beyond. Teaching faculty, researchers and students from more than 40 countries from a unique international community on the Institute’s 160 hectares, beautifully landscaped campus, situated 42 km north of Bangkok.
The School of Environment, Resources and Development invites applications for a faculty position in the Air Pollution Engineering and Management under the Environmental Engineering and Management Field of Study. Previous experience in teaching, research and/or practical experience will be an advantage. The successful candidates are expected to develop and teach postgraduate courses, supervise Master’s and Doctoral students and conduct independent research activities.
The EEM Field of Study includes two fields of studies (FoS), Environmental Technology and Management and Water and Wastewater Engineering. It offers M.Sc. and Ph.D degrees and conducts teaching, research and outreach on environmental engineering topics.
Environmental Engineering and Management (EEM), started in AIT in 1964, has a long history of 50 years in the region. EEM conducts the pioneering research in the region to respond timely to the present needs of the region and visioning for the future development. Air pollution engineering and management is one of the focal areas at EEM We currently look for a young and dynamic colleague to join EEM and contribute to further development of this focal area. In particular, the potential candidate is expected to have the following qualities.
Education and experience
- Relevant background in atmospheric sciences, chemical or environmental engineering or related field
- PhD from reputed university with the research in atmospheric sciences and/or air pollution engineering and management
- At least 2-3 years of research/teaching experience in area of air quality engineering and management
- Good track record of research as evidenced by publications in reputed international journals in the research area
- The candidate should preferably have the working expertise related to the air pollution monitoring, emission inventory, air quality modeling, and/or air pollution control technology.
- Potential or proven ability to develop research programs,
- Excellent communication skills with good command over English
- Strong commitment to teaching at the post-graduate levels.
- Interest in innovative teaching methods and curriculum development
- Capable to secure external funding for sponsored research projects
- Work with donor agencies to generate collaborative research funding to lead a successful research program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Graduate level teaching in relevant air pollution subjects
- Teaching 3-4 courses per year,
- Student research supervision at Master and PhD levels
- Carry out sponsored research projects and assignments
Preference will be given to candidates who will combine excellence in teaching with a demonstrated capacity to conduct novel, interdisciplinary research that will expand and complement the current departmental research strengths.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The suitable candidate will be appointed at the earliest possible date initially for a period of two years with strong possibility of extension.
The successful applicant will receive a salary that is highly competitive in the region, with generous benefits including housing allowances. In addition, the airfares to and from Thailand at the beginning and end of the employment period are also provided. For more details please refer to the AIT homepage, http://www.ait.ac.th
Letter of application, including a curriculum vitae, copies of selected publications, and the names, affiliation and telephone numbers of three referees should be submitted to: The Dean, School of Environment Resources and Development, Asian Institute of Technology, P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Patumthani 12120, Thailand, Tel: (66-2) 516 0110 – 29 (66-2) 516 0130 – 44, Telex: 84276 AIT TH, Fax: (66-2) 516 2126, E-mail: email@example.com
The application deadline is 31 July 2015. Review of applications is currently in progress and will continue until the position is filled. The selected candidate is expected to join the institute as early as possible.