- 1.Full-time Instructor of Japanese as Foreign Language (starting in January 2016)
- Native Japanese language user/JLPT N1 level Japanese user
- Excellent command of English
- Master’s Degree in related field (e.g. linguistics, foreign language teaching). PhD preferred
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience, preferably in university/higher education.
- Ability to relate well with students and lecturers (both Thai and non-Thai)
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules to engage with teaching, research and other duties such as advising students majoring in Intercultural Studies Program.
- Initial one-year contract beginning in January 2016
- MUIC operates on a trimester system with classes meeting for two hours twice a week for twelve weeks. Instructors generally teach 2-3 courses per trimester: 8-12 contact hours per week.
- The yearly academic schedule is as follows: T1: mid-September to Mid-December; T2: January through March; T3: mid-April to mid-July.
- Instructors of Japanese are required to organize, coordinate and lead outside class activities, field trips, summer programs, and special events to promote Japanese language and culture.
- In addition to teaching, instructors need to establish set office hours in order to make themselves available for assisting students and for administrative duties.
- Assuming positive evaluations during the course of the first year, the initial contract will be followed by a 3-year contract which requires instructors to conduct research (e.g. publish in a peer-reviewed academic journal) in addition to their teaching duties.
- Bachelor /Master’s degree in Mathematics or related fields
- Excellent command of English language
- Experience for 5 years in math education (high school or university)
- Experience with mathematics or education preferred
Please send a cover letter with your resume, transcript, ID card, and a recent 2-inch photo to the Human Resources Section at:
Mahidol University International College,
999 Phutthamonthon 4 Rd., Salaya,
Nakhonpathom, Thailand 73170