The Asian Institute of Technology (www.ait.asia), an intergovernmental and international institute, promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world.
The AIT is implementing an EU-financed project entitled: ‘Sustaining and Enhancing the Momentum for Innovation and Learning around the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in the Lower Mekong River Basin’. The main objective of the project is to contribute to enhance resilience of rained small-scale farmers of Lower Mekong region confronting climate change. The project is being implemented in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.
Working closely with Team Leader, the Research Associate, will undertake following duties:
- Assure and verify data quality collected from fields from the all four project countries in a timely manner;
- Ensure timely data entry by national project offices and also extend support to the country team by developing appropriate means to systematize and streamline data entry using online data-base of the project,
- Provide statistical analysis and interpretation of data collected,
- Promote and assist regular documentation of research for use by local and national project staffs and other stakeholders;
- Assist in preparation of the manuscripts for international peer reviewed publications;
- Undertake any additional related duties as requested by Team Leader.
- Post Graduate Degree in Agriculture Sciences / Crop Science or other relevant degree, with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated solid analytical and research skills, in both qualitative and quantitative approaches, with good writing skills, including for research and publication in international peer-reviewed journals
- Strong IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access) and ideally a versatile statistical package like SPSS, SAS and Sigma Plot.
- Solid demonstrated English language skill
- Prior experiences of working with rice crop would be a plus
- Experience in participating in multidisciplinary working team and multicultural environments
Asian Institute of Technology, Pathumthani, Thailand with occasional visit to the LMB countries.
Fixed term contract with a possibility of renewal upon satisfactory job performance.
Salaries of AIT are competitive compared to other regional organizations.
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. AIT implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You may be required to create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click “Apply Now” button.
Please do not forget to download your comprehensive resume with complete names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least two referees, including a short cover letter which explains your suitability for this position. (save them all in one file name and download a single file).