MUIDS emphasizes teaching enduring understanding and higher levels of cognitive abilities. All subjects, with exception of Thai and Chinese, are instructed in English by native speakers of the language.
MUIDS recruits experienced teachers credentialed on the very subjects they teach and equips them with ongoing systematic professional development. MUIDS teachers are required to
- Realize the school’s vision and purpose.
- Contribute time, energy, and talent to the organization
- Be dedicated educators who work closely with parents in catering to the individual students’ learning need
- Maintain their current certification
Full Time Multiple High School positions
MUIDS is a new, WASC accredited international school and we are expanding by one grade level in 2015-16. We are seeking dedicated and qualified applicants to teach the subjects listed below.
Teachers should have at least a BA in the subject area they teach, have a minimum GPA of 3.0, and experience teaching ESL/ELL. We prefer native speakers but will consider non-native speakers with a TOEFL score of 630.
MUIDS is looking to fill the following positions:
Teaching Positions available:
- Multimedia Technology
- Thai Study
- Social Studies – World Religions
- Social Studies – Marketing & Economics
- Teaching Assistant – in all subject areas listed above
Overall Responsibility: In collaboration and in cooperation with the department head and the teachers, the teaching assistant implements lessons and assists teachers in the design, development, and implementation of lessons. The Teaching Assistant will also perform substitution when asked by an administrator or the administrator’s designee.
Note: A Teaching Assistant who proves to be a team player and competent in the classroom and in developing lessons can be considered for a teaching in 2015-16.
- Bachelor’s degree in a teaching subject such as: English, Social Studies, Math, or the Sciences
- Fluent in English; non-native teachers must be highly proficient with TOEFL scores between 22-30 for Reading and Listening, 26-30 for Speaking, and 24-30 for Writing.