English name: Vietnam Forestry University (VFU)
- to nurture talents and provide high-quality human resources in Forestry and Agricultural Sciences,
- to provide technology and skilled professionals for a sustainable industrialization and modernization of the country
- become a regional and international of culture and educational hub
Become a leading and highly prestigious university in Vietnam with diversified training and education activities in the following sectors: Forestry, Forest Resources Management, Environment, Forestry Industry, Rural Development, and others.
Currently, there are over 16.000 students, including undergraduate and graduate, following 22 disciplines of undergraduate level, 6 majors of master level, and 4 majors of doctorate level.
The main campus of VFU is located in Xuan Mai Town, Chuong My District, Hanoi Capital. The second campus (established in 01/2008) is located in Trang Bom Town, Dong Nai Province.
* Historical background:
Vietnam Forestry University (VFU) was established according to the Decision No.127/CP dated on August 19th, 1964 by the Prime Minister of Vietnam, and was separated from the Forestry Department – Hanoi University of Agriculture.
From 1964 to 1984: The first campus of VFU was located in the evacuated area of Dong Trieu district, Quang Ninh province. The task of VFU was to train and provide human resources of undergraduate with three academic faculties and four majors of forestry.
From 1984 until now: The main campus was located at Xuan Mai town, Chuong My district, Hanoi, becoming an university with diversified training and education activities to meet social needs and to fulfill the duty of national scientific technology
The second campus (established in 01/2008) is located in Trang Bong Town, Dong Nai province, Vietnam that was upgraded from the Forestry College 2 – Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to meet the demand for human resources in forestry for the southern provinces of the country.
Today VFU activities expanded to five Academic Faculties with hundreds departments, 32 major subjects with diversified training and education activities based on Quality – Effectiveness – Prestige – Professionalism – Advancement. The university has been ranked a leading one in Forestry in Vietnam, and it continues to expand its scale in order to meet excellence standards and the new challenges.
Over the years, more than 1,000 masters, 45 doctors, over 10,000 undergraduate students, and 500 trainees with intermediate and primary level have graduated from VFU. They have been contributing important roles to the development of the forestry sector and national economic development; many of them are holding the key positions of the country (from central to local government).
Likewise, the VFU has helped establish more than 30 universities, training and research institutions in different countries, as well as international organizations.
The VFU has been honored with numerous titles: Labor Hero (2009), Second-class independence medal (2004), Third-class independence medal (1999), First-class labor medal, Second-class labor medal, Third-class labor medal, … with the achievements have been the fields: education and training, scientific research and national development.
– VFU has 160 hectares in the main campus and 20 hectares in the second branch for serving its training and science research purposes.
– 6 experimental centers with 58 labs for testing and practice which are well equipped,
– 10,800 m2 of modern classrooms,
– A library of 3,000 m2 with 150,000 books/textbooks and other electronic sources for reference.
– Nearly 100 ha of experimental forests for training and science research.
– 16 high buildings which provide accommodation with self-contained rooms for nearly 8,000 students.
– The sport areas and recreation centers including gymnasiums, outdoor swimming pool, sport ground, house of culture, etc., have the area of 20,000 m2.
The Vietnam Forestry University has 3 organizational levels: a) Board of Leaders, b) Faculties & Administrative Divisions, and c) Organizations.
- 07 Faculties/Colleges
- 09 Administrative Divisions.
- 05 Research & Production Units.
- 01 Company of Consulting, Investment & Forestry Development (CIFOD).