Sataban.com was created for the Thai and Foreign teachers looking for a program that they would like to be involved with, for the Thai parents and expats desiring to find the right school -that is the school that will meet their expectations and needs, and for the schools themselves desiring to promote, to be more visible on the web, and to get positive feedback.
Sataban.com Thai schools directory regroups all schools present in Thailand: addresses, emails, phone numbers, photos and more.
POLICIES AND RULES
(Policies inspired by thaivisa.com -with their authorization, and in the process of being rewritten)
* English is the only acceptable language, except within the Thai language sataban website which you can find on www.sataban.asia and where of course using Thai is allowed and a must.
* Please remember that we can not actively monitor the contents of, and are not responsible for, any reviews or comments posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any reviews or comments, and are not responsible for the contents of any reviews and comments. The reviews and comments express the views of the author of the review and/or comment, not necessarily the views of Sataban.com.
* Any user who feels that a posted review or comment is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately via the contact page or at [email protected] We do have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so if we determine that removal is necessary. Please use the flag button only for reviews, comments and/or listings in blatant violation of Sataban.com rules. Misuse of the report button is not allowed. Removal is a manual process so please realize we may not be able to remove or edit particular reviews, comments and/or listings immediately.
IN USING SATABAN.COM I AGREE:
1) Do not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban. This rule also applies to links to external websites.
2) Do not use Sataban.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.
3) Do not post about activities or links to websites containing such material that are illegal in Thailand. This includes but is not limited to: gambling, betting, pornography, illegal drugs, fake goods/clothing, file sharing, warez, cracks, pyramid schemes, etc. Discussion of file-sharing of pirated material is prohibited, however file sharing for legal purposes is allowed.
4) Do not discuss methods of bypassing blocking of websites.
5) Do not use Sataban.com as a platform to gather support to effect changes on political or governmental issues.
6) Do not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.
7) Respect fellow members by posting in a civil manner: do not launch personal attacks, or be hateful or insulting towards other members, ie No flaming.
8) Do not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities or to incite useless arguments by avoiding troll activity.
9) Do not post inflammatory reviews and/or comments, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) Sataban.com to discuss moderation policy. Members should not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.
11) Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
12) No spamming allowed in any way, shape or form, through mail, PM, forum post, or any other method.
13) Do not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.
14) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed.
15) Do not make changes to quoted material that changes the intended meaning of the quoted post
16) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution. Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However Sataban.com is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.
17) No user names or avatars that are commercial in nature are allowed for members other than sponsors.
18) External surveys seeking information from Sataban.com users need the written consent by admin. Please contact https://www.sataban.com/contact
19) No comments or discussion allowed with regard to advertisements or sponsors, or methods to block advertisements.
Please be informed that Sataban.com is an apolitical Thai schools directory, meaning that we take an unbiased position in regard to political matters in Thailand. As such, Sataban.com will not permit itself to become a sounding platform for users to lobby other users to effect changes to or suggestions on political issues or Thai government decrees.
The privacy of our visitors to Sataban.com is important to us. At Sataban.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit Sataban.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
PRESERVATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
* All material on this site, including, but not limited to images, illustrations and multimedia materials, is protected by copyrights which are owned and controlled by Sataban.com or by other parties that have licensed their material to Sataban.com. Material from this Web Site or from any other web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by Sataban.com may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of the copyrights and other proprietary rights held by the respective providers thereof. The use of any such material on any other web site, ftp server or network environment is prohibited.
* You agree to grant to sataban.com a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, social media, newsletters, newsgroups or forums of Sataban.com or which you provide by email or any other means to Sataban.com and in any media now known or hereafter developed.
* Further, you grant to Sataban.com the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other Sataban.com web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Sataban.com for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to Sataban.com.