|ISY Mission Statement|
The International School Yangon is a community that is committed to excellence. We inspire students with a challenging, international education, based on an American curriculum, in a nuturing learning environment that promotes responsibility and respect. We aim to develop socially engaged, self-motivated, creative, compassionate individuals who will be a force for positive change in their communities and the world.
We believe that:
ISY Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
Embedded in all learning at ISY are the following learning outcomes combined with the IB Learner Profile traits (in parentheses) that all students should know, understand and be able to do upon graduation from ISY.
ISY students will—
Become Global Citizens who . . .
• Are environmentally aware and active (Caring)
• Contribute to the welfare of the world community (Caring)
• Respect the dignity and worth of others (Principled, Open-minded)
• Manifest the virtues of honesty and integrity (Principled)
• Understand and appreciate the values, traditions, and perspectives of others (Open-minded)
Be Successful Communicators who . . .
• Demonstrate the skills of effective collaboration (Communicators)
• Use appropriate technology as a tool to convey ideas (Communicators)
• Write, speak, read and listen with purpose (Communicators)
• Are multi-lingual (Communicators)
Demonstrate Complex Thinking and Creativity by . . .
• Gathering analyzing and processing information from a variety of sources (Thinkers)
• Being effective and creative problem-solvers (Thinkers)
• Being effective decision-makers (Thinkers)
• Pursuing inquiry and curiosity within learning (Inquirers)
• Building a foundation of knowledge and applying understandings to new situations (Knowledgeable)
Become Lifelong Learners who . . .
• Take responsibility for their learning (Reflective)
• Value all types of learning: academic, social, athletic, aesthetic and emotional (Balanced)
• Have the confidence to take on new challenges (Risk-takers)
• Give thoughtful consideration to their own learning (Reflective)
20, Shwe Taungyar Street, Bahan Township, Yangon Myanmar
Ngar Man Aung Paya Street Yangon Yangon Region MM
512793, 512794, 512795512793, 512794, 512795
No.75, Dhamayone Street,Myaynigone, Sanchaung Township, Yangon, Myanmar 0.29 km
Why NELC? NELC Education Centre strives for excellence. We use only the best resources available. We continually endeavor to upgrade and improve our courses. Further more, we use thRead more =>
The RVi Global Education Campus, 72 Chin Dwin Street, Kamaryut Township, Yangon, Myanmar 1.37 km
The purpose of Singapore International School: RVi Academy Yangon is to provide a progressive Singapore education with an international perspective to meet the needs of local and foreign cRead more =>
23 Inya Myaing Road, Bahan Township, 11201 ရန်ကုန် Myanmar (Burma). 1.37 km
About The mission of Network International School is to provide a nurturing, stimulating student-centred learning environment. Students will leave Network having acquired not only key learRead more =>
2nd Floor, Condo(C-6), 6 Storey Building, Mindama Condo Housing, Mayangone Township, Yangon. 1.37 km
Welcome to Our School Established in December 2012, the Myanmar Aviation Academy (MAA) is Myanmar’s first and leading independent provider of internationally standardized integrated aviatRead more =>
Yangon, Myanmar (Burma) 1.37 km
Practising School The Practising School originated in July 1931. It began with 3 students in standard V and 8 students in standard VIII. In the following year, over 400 students were aRead more =>
Aung Chan 4th Street, Aung Myay Thar Zi, Kamayut, Yangon, Myanmar 1.47 km
A WELCOME FROM THE PRINCIPAL I suppose we all know that we are living in intriguing times for Myanmar, and those of who are present can feel very privileged to witness it. Having worked inRead more =>
No.24 Sae Myaung St.(11th) Quarter,Yankin Tsp,Yangon,Myanmar 2.28 km
Our Vision Myanmar International School Yangon’s central aims are to offer the highest possible standard of education for Myanmar and its international community through a broad and Read more =>