The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is an international institute of higher learning based in Thailand. It is Asia’s pioneer institution established in 1959 to help meet the region’s growing needs for advanced learning in engineering, science and technology, management, research, outreach and capacity building.
AIT School of Management (http://www.som.ait.asia) invites applications for full-time faculty positions in the rank of Assistant or Associate Professors specializing in the following areas:
- Finance and Accounting
- Strategy and leadership
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach minimum of 9 credits per year in relevant area of specialization.
- Supervise Master’s and Doctoral students’ Research/ Project/ Dissertations.
- Initiate Sponsored Project/ Research and publish regularly.
- PhD degree: must be academically qualified from a well-reputed university with specialization in one of the above areas.
- Peer reviewed publications maintained for 2 years for Assistant Professor and 5 years for Associate Professor upon completion of a doctorate degree. Possess proven ability in research and publication of scholarly work.
- Relevant experience in teaching and student supervision at graduate level is required, as is managerial experience at senior level.
- Ability and willingness to teach graduate courses in English, supervise Master’s and Doctoral students.
- Carry out academic administration, outreach activities, and research, and provide consulting/training services.
Benefits and Welfare:
The appointment may be at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, depending on qualifications and experience. The initial appointment is normally for two years and is renewable. Salary offered is regionally competitive.Additional benefits include provident fund, air travel for self and direct dependents, settlement grant, education subsidy for dependent children, and medical benefit. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Documents that must be submitted:
- A cover letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae that includes the names and addresses of five (5) referees.
- A List of Publications in International Journals and citations record listed in the Scopus database.
- List of courses taught with teaching evaluations.
- List of PhD students supervised.