English Teachers Requirement
1 year Contract
Job Description :
1. Duties and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the following:
– attend staff meetings
– help with the design and revision of curriculum, policies, etc.
– responsible for the learning and supervision of your students
– keep a file of all worksheets given to students
– write daily lesson plans for each subject
– teach all scheduled classes
– have lesson plans available for the assistant, should you be absent
– make and prepare teaching materials to supplement creative methods of Montessorri Education
– see that all work (books and /or sheets) are checked and corrected regularly
– keep records of students’ scores, class-work, homework, etc.
– record assessment of academic performance and behaviour each month
– photo-copy worksheets, tests, etc.
– follow up on students who have not completed work
– support co-workers and maintain a positive and professional working environment.
- You must be at school by 7.00 a.m. each morning and “sign-in” at the office.
- Stand outside with your assigned class for the morning announcements and anthems.
- It is your responsibility to be in the classroom by the start of each lesson.
- If you will be late or absent, you should notify the school at the earliest appropriate time.
- Should you be absent for one day or longer, you must fill out a leave request form.
- If your absence is of a duration longer than 3 days and results from a medical condition, you are required to submit a doctor’s certificate to the director.
- You will be required to attend staff meetings on weekdays and you are expected to attend occasional events scheduled on evenings or weekends.
- You are required to dress appropriately as defined by the dress code. The dress code will be presented in writing to all teachers.
- Please address teaching staff as “Teacher ……….”.
- Professional conduct should be exemplified at all times. This means inappropriate speech and or actions (swearing, drinking alcohol, smoking, etc.) will not be tolerated while on school grounds.
- There is a 60 minute lunch break between 12.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. each day.
- The school day ends at 4.00 p.m.
- A “full schedule” consists of being in the classroom with the children for the entire school day, including up to but not more than 20 teaching periods per week. Teachers are expected to be constantly interacting with the children throughout the school day. Any NST who is scheduled for more than 20 teaching periods per week on an ongoing basis will receive overtime compensation.
- Teachers may not hold outside employment with any other school. Any paid employment outside of school must be approved by school administration prior to said employment.
Note: The responsibilities as outlined in this job description are subject to revision and amendment.
- Salary: The salary for a teacher depends on your nationality and work experiences. Any teacher who has higher qualifications, extensive teaching experience or a special title or responsibility will be paid extra. The salary will be will be paid at the end of each month or the first day of the next month.
- Special Bonus: Teachers who have children can enroll them in the school and pay 50% less than the normal fees.
- Lunch: A free lunch is provided daily by the school.
- Accident and Health Insurance: School will provide health care insurance cover for the working year.
- Performance Bonus: The school will pay an end of contract bonus of up to 20,000 Baht upon the satisfactory completion of each year’s contract. Amount of bonus will be determined by the teacher’s performance in accordance with the job description in this contract. The Discipline Policy will be explained clearly in writing to all teachers.
- School Holidays: Besides the officially recognised holidays, there is three weeks vacation time in April, three weeks vacation time in October, and a break between Christmas and New Years Eve, except where there are meetings and workshops scheduled.
Teachers will be informed prior to the workshop seminars. From time to time the school may
schedule seminars and/or meetings during the holiday period. However, the school will attempt to provide sufficient or adequate notice about such events.
- Attendance: Days missed from work (sickness, business, personal…) will be limited to 5 days/term or 10 days/school year. Any absence longer than this will result in a pay deduction of 1,000 THB per day (based on 30,000 / 30 days a month), at the schools discretion. Any absence longer than 3 days in a row will require a doctor’s excuse or prior approval and may result in pay deduction, at the schools discretion. Please inform the school in advance so that they we may help accommodate all needs.
7.1 Attendance Bonus: An attendance bonus of 2,000THB will be given to any NST which has completed a full term without any missed days, including meetings, weekends and special events and has kept a positive performance standard. This will be given as an award at the end of term.
- Accommodation : Temporary accommodation will be provided to the teacher for about 2 weeks before moving to a rental property. The school will negotiate with the rental property in order find the best price for the teacher.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
– Hold a Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant subject area:
– Applicants with Masters or Education degrees are particularly encouraged to apply
– Minimum of two years experience teaching in a High School, preferably in Thailand
– Provide original education diplomas, certificates, and transcripts.
-Montessori teaching experience preferable