(Required for August 2015)
NIST is looking for an effective and connected educator to join our extensive and forward thinking world languages team.The position is likely to involve teaching one or two classes for elementary students who are in the earlier stages of learning Spanish. The preferred candidate will have experience of teaching Spanish B (as an additional or acquired language) in an international setting, though this is not a requirement.
This role will require:
- The ability to engage elementary students in learning a new language
- An understanding of the role of concepts in supporting language acquisition
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative planning and teaching
- The ability to teach across a range of age groups and to differentiate for language abilities
- Excellent communication skills