Vision, Mission, Goals & Core Values
A top academic institution
continuously developing Values-driven,
highly Competent, and Innovative Technologians
To ensure quality instruction, research, and community extension for the total development of Technologians committed in practicing professionalism and in meeting the demands of local, national, and global communities
As a private, non-sectarian academic institution, Cebu Institute of Technology – University aims to:
1. Provide basic (early childhood, elementary, high school), vocational, higher, and non-conventional or alternative education for the total development of individual students in an environment conducive to teaching and learning;
2. Develop instructional, research, and community extension programs attuned to the Filipino culture, national goals, and global competitiveness with optimum utilization of existing resources, harnessing community involvement and goodwill in their implementation; and
3. Provide opportunities for CIT’s academic community to improve the institution and collaborate with local, national, and global networks.
STATEMENT OF CORE COMPETENCY
Science & Technology is a way of academic life among administrators, faculty, and students. In the design, administration, and implementation of curricular programs, technology is embedded, articulated, and actuated.
- SPIRIT OF ALTRUISM is upholding the common good rather than one’s own interest and enhances capacity of persons to give witness to God’s love for mankind.
- PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE is total quality in any endeavor by striving to work in the best way that one could.
- INTEGRITY is an uncompromising adherence to moral and ethical principles.
- RESPONSIBILITY is accountability over one’s actions.
- INNOVATIVENESS is the ability to create new things as well as to act effectively and imaginatively in difficult situations.
- TEAMWORK is the promotion of cooperation and collegiality in the pursuit of the institution’s mission.
- TENACITY is the persistent determination to achieve the Vision, Mission, and Goals of the University.