In order to establish a highly visible community extension program facilitative in building self-reliant and eco-friendly communities.
UC-CARES sets in motion processes of participatory, integrated, and holistic community extension services.
- Maximize the involvement of the faculty, non-teaching personnel, students, and the partner-communities in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of developmental programs.
- Enable the people in the partner-communities to take actions on social, environmental, and economic problems and issues that affect or tend to affect them.
- Apply the integrated approach of community organizing and building to ensure impact assessment.
- Incorporate deeper dimensions of morality and spirituality.
- Strengthen linkages with the government, non-government, and other civic organizations to share and mobilize resources.