About Malang State Polytechnic :
State Polytechnic of Malang, originally named the Education Program of Diploma Engineering, Brawijaya University, was opened with the Decision of Director General of the Higher Education, the Minister of Education and Culture, No. 03/DJ/Kep/1979, and was established by the Government of Indonesia through the World Bank fund with the experts from Switzerland. In 1982, the structure of organization was regulated by theDecree of the President of the Republic of Indonesia, No. 59 / 1982, with the name Non-Degree Faculty of Technology, University of Brawijaya. Later, it commenced with the first batch of students through 4 (four) departments, namely the Department of Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Civil Engineering.
In 1986 it opened three more departments. They were Telecommunication Engineering Department, Accounting Department, and Business Administration Department. Both Accounting and Business Administration Department were supported with the aid from the Australian Project through their experts. Then, it also opened the Chemical Engineering Department in 1987.
Based on Decision of the Minister of Education and Culture No. 0313/O/1991 concerning the arrangement of Polytechnic within the state institute or state university, Polytechnic of Malang was then defined as an institution that was within the Brawijaya University and named Polytechnic Brawijaya University which provided Diploma III (D-III) programs comprising 6 (six) departments:
- Department of Civil Engineering, Study Program of Building Construction and Civil Construction.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, Study Program of Mechanical Engineering.
- Department of Electrical Engineering, Study Programs of Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Department of Chemical Engineering, Study Program of Chemical Engineering.
- Department of Accounting, Study Program of Accounting;
- Department of Business Administration, Study Program of Secretarial Studies and Office Administration.
Furthermore, based on Decision of the Minister of National Education No. 147/O/2004, Polytechnic Brawijaya University earned an independent status under the name of State Polytechnic of Malang (POLINEMA).