|Position:||ES / MS Principal||Status||Full-Time|
|Department:||Administration||Salary Range:||Negotiable/Dependent on Experience|
|Application Deadline:||Until filled||Starting Date:||July 25, 2016|
CMIS is looking for a new head of the Elementary / Middle School beginning in August 2016.
The Elementary/Middle School Principal must be a Christian demonstrating by his/her life a commitment to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. The ES/MS Principal is largely responsible for the overall smooth functioning and administration of all areas in grades PreK-8. The ES/MS Principal needs to believe strongly in the academic and spiritual philosophy of the school, and implement the goals and objectives of the school. This position requires the expertise to work well with teachers, staff, students, parents and administration in a dynamic and diverse multicultural setting.
Other important attributes include but are not limited to:
- able to handle situations with delicacy and diplomacy.
- able to manage the day-to-day operations of the elementary and middle school.
- Contribute actively and creatively in supporting the whole-school Administrative team.
- Maintain a positive, interactive and transparent relationship with the school community.
- be able to act effectively to resolve problems and to anticipate emerging ones.
- able to to work closely with teachers to supervise, challenge, develop, encourage and support them in every way
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with Superintendent and Other Administrative Staff to:
- Ensure current innovative educational practice, relevant curriculum content and regular assessment of the educational quality.
- Develop school improvement plans with staff that aligns with the school’s long and short term goals.
- Use meaningful data and statistics to make informed decisions on school improvement.
- Employ a system of faculty / staff monitoring whereby all teachers receive systematic feedback on their professional performance
- Assist in the process of recruiting high quality teachers for the school.
- Plan, propose and manage staff assignments.
- Organize programs for assistance and orientation for new teachers.
- Assist in the preparation of the teacher handbook and student handbook
- Remain cognizant of educational developments by maintaining professional memberships and contacts and by pursuing personal professional development.
- Maintain a consistent and fair behavior management system for students in their division.
- Supervise and approve field trips, staff development activities, assemblies, report card distribution, parent/teacher conferences, and other special events within the division.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the School Executive Team.