Pham Van Dong University was established under the Decision No. 1468/QD-TTg dated 07 September 2007 issued by the Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
Pham Van Dong University is a public institution in the national education system of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
It is a multidisciplinary university that offers programs at different levels and in a variety of forms.
2. Name of Institution
Pham Van Dong University (PDU).
986 Quang Trung Street
Chanh Lo Ward, Quang Ngai City, Quang Ngai Province, Viet Nam
Tel: (+84-55) 3822908, (+84-55) 240902, (+84-55) 3710569
Fax: (+84-55) 3824925
4. Governing organizations
PDU operates under the supervision of the People’s Committee of Quang Ngai Province and the Ministry of Education and Training.
PDU’s functions include:
– creating a qualified work force to meet the requirements of the socio-economic growth of Quang Ngai and neighbouring provinces,
– providing in-service training programs to foster and update knowledge for Government officials,
– conducting research and development activities,
– managing technology transfer,
– conserving ethnic culture,
– establishing training and scientific researching cooperation and technological transferring with universities in Vietnam and abroad,
– and implementing other duties prescribed by the law.
PDU is responsible for:
– offering academic programs at undergraduate, graduate and lower levels in majors in high demand locally and regionally, such as teacher education, economics, engineering and technology.
– providing non-formal education to meet the need for professional development of employees from different careers and organizations in the region.
– organizing scientific research and technical application activities to contribute to local community development,
– cooperating with institutions and organizations in Viet Nam and in the world.
7. Enrollment Locations: Nationwide