The elementary school AA – music supports the work of the elementary music staff and assists in music activities. He or she assists with secondary music activities as time permits.
- Prepares instruments and materials for classroom lessons
- Makes photocopies of activities for classes
- Makes folders for and assists with portfolios for year 1-6 students
- Assists in displaying students work on department notice boards
- Monitors department equipment maintenance and storage, and orders department stationary
- Assists the music coordinator with administrative duties such as ordering
- Assists lower years class teachers, supporting music room practice with younger pupils as follows:
- Ensures that equipment and materials are ready for each class
- Assists the teacher in a team teaching format
- Assists in monitoring groups when using practice rooms
- Assists with packing away instruments and materials
- Assists with supervisory duties as required on a scheduled basis. These normally include the canteen, playground, car park and classroom.
- Attends team and staff meetings as required
- Assists the substitute teacher when the class teacher is absent, e.g. unlocks the door, checks that lesson plans are easily located, and otherwise provides support in the normal manner
- Participates in all school activities, such as assemblies and parent conferences, if requested to do so by the supervising teacher
- Helps individuals, groups and the class move from class to class, to the canteen, and to toilets when necessary, and with field trip supervision
- Covers classes as directed by the elementary administration
- Takes part in the annual AA evaluation process
- Assists in class when students are composing and practicing music skills
- Categorizing music resources: music resource room – books, videos, DVDs, CDs, scores
- Categorizing instruments, music resources monitoring, and recognizing when reordering and repairs are necessary
- Having a broad knowledge of music suppliers in order to be able to liaise with Thai manufacturers when ordering new and reordering materials
- Photographing and videoing students working on music activities, posting of student resources, and working on blogs and general IT tasks.
- Assisting in creating displays for creative arts – extra-curricular events – e.g. creative arts week, music ECA concerts, musicals
- Assisting teachers in organization of portfolio examples
- Running music ECA activities when required.
- Being available for music department events outside the school day, like Starry Nights and the elementary musical.
The academic assistant is an important component of the school’s educational programme. As such, he or she is expected to be a supportive member of the classroom team, and to be willing to accept responsibilities for a variety of tasks. The items listed above are intended to indicate the general parameters of duties, however it is expected that as other needs arise the academic assistant will note and act upon them.
Hours of Work
7:10 AM – 3:40 PM