The English as an Additional Language Department at the Thai Japanese Association School (TJAS) is currently recruiting licensed native English teachers for the upcoming academic year (April, 2015).
TJAS is located in the heart of Bangkok, Thailand. It consists of nearly 3000 Japanese students and 150 teachers. It is the largest Japanese school outside of Japan.
Teachers who are interested in Japanese language and culture and are looking for an opportunity to be immersed in a safe, professional and efficient organization while also enjoying the relaxed lifestyle of Thailand are encouraged to apply.
TJAS is especially interested in candidates who have a goal and/or passion for EAL as a career. A qualification in TESOL is desirable.
• 2 year renewable contract.
• Salary increases on renewed contracts.
• Starting monthly compensation range (salary + allowances) between 77,000 and 87,000 Thai baht per month.
• Yearly completion bonus of 200% of 1 month’s salary after the 1st and 2nd year, 250% of 1 month’s salary after the 3rd year, and 300% of 1 month’s salary after each additional year.
• 40 days paid vacation plus most Thai national holidays.
• Airfare reimbursement from country of residence.
• Health insurance.
• Visa and work permits are processed and paid for by the school.
General Job Description:
• Teach conversational English independently and in collaboration with Japanese English teachers.
• Preparation of engaging classroom materials in support of student centered activities.
• Standard planning and record keeping.
• Participation in extracurricular school functions.
• Participation in basic Japanese language training.
Required Qualifications and Documents:
• Must be a native English speaker and hold a passport from the US, the UK, Canada,
Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, or Ireland.
• Must be eligible for a Thai teaching license. Currently this requires a BEd, PGCE, GDipEd and/or licensure/QTS/registration in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, or Ireland. Candidates who already possess a Thai teaching license, but do not hold the required teaching qualifications listed above, may still be eligible for employment as long as there is at least 2 years remaining on the license at the start of employment.
• Must be able to provide original documents.
• Must be able to provide a criminal background check.
If you are an experienced EAL teacher and meet the requirements for employment, please forward your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org