The Asian Institute of Technology (www.ait.asia), an intergovernmental and international institute, promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world.
The AIT is implementing EU-financed project entitled: ‘Sustaining and Enhancing the Momentum for Innovation and Learning around the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in the Lower Mekong River Basin’. The main objective of the project is to contribute to enhance resilience of rained small-scale farmers of Lower Mekong region confronting climate change. The project is being implemented in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.
Working closely with Team Leader, the Research Associate, will undertake following duties:
- Liaise with local and national project partners — academic institutes, NGOs, local project management unit (at provincial level) and with country project management unit (at country level) — to ensure that monitoring evaluation and impact (MEI) research activities are carried out as per plan and avoid duplication, if any,
- Ensure that the relevant research methodology is applied and all MEI surveys are handled in accordance with protocols and procedures,
- Assure quality of data collected through research/academic institutes, drawing inferences, writing reports, and ensuring adequate documentation of all MEI research efforts,
- Supervise the data collection process and develop means to systematize and streamline data entry and analysis,
- Provide statistical analysis and interpretation of data collected, and construct annual report and/or manuscripts for international peer-reviewed journals,
- Promote and assist the regular documentation of research and assessments for use by local and national project staffs as well as by academic institutions,
- Ensure the development of MEI capacity across the institutions and agencies (local as well as national) involved in MEI to facilitate learning and sharing of lesson learned,
- Help in developing the web-portal for archiving the documents, and present the information to help in the management decision processes, and
- Undertake any additional related duties as requested by Team Leader.
- Post Graduate Degree in Social Sciences / Social Work or other relevant degree, with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated solid analytical and research skills, in both qualitative and quantitative approaches, with good writing skills, including for research and publication in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Good IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access) and ideally a versatile statistical package like SPSS.
- Experience in building partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing.
- Experience and ability in collaborating and establishing productive and professional relationships among peers and staffs.
- Experience in participating in multidisciplinary working team and working experience in multicultural environments.
- Working experience in Southeast Asian would be a plus.
Salaries of AIT are competitive compared to other regional organizations.
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. AIT implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women.
To apply, please register online and complete the registration form. You may be required to create your own user name and password, once completed, go back to the advertisement page and click “Apply Now” button.
Please do not forget to download your comprehensive resume with complete names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least two referees, including a short cover letter which explains your suitability for this position. (save them all in one file name and download a single file).