ASCOT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL a growing international school in Bangkok, Thailand. Established in 1995, the school currently has 470 + students on roll from Nursery to year 13 and is applying for IB candidacy. We welcome experienced IB and A level teachers for the secondary positions. The curriculum followed is the National Curriculum for England and Wales with modifications for our position in S.E Asia, in KS4 and KS5 we offer Cambridge IGCSE and A levels.
We are seeking for flexible, creative, passionate teachers with at least three years teaching experience, who are reflective practitioners and are capable of providing quality learning in an international school environment where students have English as a second language.
Head of Science (Physics and/or Chemistry preferred)
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of leading a small department offering General Science in KS3, Coordinated and Triple Science at IGCSE, and Physics , Chemistry and Biology post 16 (A Level/ IBDP). In addition :
• Manage departmental resources and budgets • Injecting relevance into the Humanities curriculum • Complete departmental orders in a timely manner • Promote Science in special events throughout the year • Organise fieldtrips and visits to provide enrichment for the curriculum • Create links with other academic departments and sections of the school
Please email immediately to Gary Booth Headmaster firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter to support your application, outlining your philosophy and approach to learning and teaching.
• CV with photograph and email contact details of 2 referees including your current Principal.
• IMPORTANT : Include the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your e mail.
• A BA or BSc plus a teaching qualification or a BEd.
• Fluent English speaker.
• Ability to work as a team and with minimum supervision when working individually.